“Data Modeling Made Simple with PowerDesigner” is now being shipped. I haven’t seen it yet myself – my copies are still in transit.
The book is not a reference manual that tells you everything you could possibly want to know about PowerDesigner, for several reasons:
- the words ‘made simple’ in the title
- you’re all intelligent people, and sometimes you just need to know how and when to access a feature; you don’t need blow-by-blow instructions on how to use it
- nobody would want to pay for a 2,000 page book on PowerDesigner
- I wouldn’t want to spend another 10 months writing
- The PowerDesigner documentation is better than most, and makes great reference material if you need to find out more about a particular topic – the book adds a narrative that no product documentation will supply
I’d welcome any feedback on the structure and content, for future editions.
It’s a large book, so I’m afraid it’s not cheap. You can save 20% if you order at http://www.technicspub.com/product.sc?productId=29&categoryId=1 – using code PD20Promo at the checkout.
Now all I have to do is figure out how to get back into the normal working world, and go and earn some money – suggestions also welcome!