Last week I demonstrated how easy it is to import and draw a complete data model from an Excel file, using a silent video to show the steps. You can see it again here.
The Excel file I used in that video is just one of the sample files provided with my online training course called Using the Excel Import Wizard.
Completing the course will enable you to:
- Create and update models from Excel files
- Structure your Excel files correctly for the Excel Import Wizard
- Link imported objects to objects within other models; for example, linking LDM attributes to Domains defined in a different LDM.
- Improve the performance for importing very large Excel files
- Create multiple Excel Imports into a model from the same file, with different import rules
- Export information from a PowerDesigner model and re-import it after revisions
- Ensure that the Excel Import does not make unwanted changes to your model
- Create a complete Logical Data Model, merely by importing an Excel file
- Know when the Excel Import is not appropriate for your needs, and what the alternatives are